Our palliative care and hospice program provides compassionate care for residents and their families. The Fond du Lac Lutheran Home has a caring team of experts who specialize in end-of-life issues, and ensure the highest degree of comfort and care at the end of life's journey.
The goal of hospice treatment is to keep you comfortable and improve your quality of life while you are dying. This philosophy is a shift from usual medical treatments, in which health professionals strive to cure your disease. Hospice services are not intended to speed up or prolong the dying process. They focus instead on relieving pain and other symptoms. Hospice caregivers are concerned with enhancing the quality of remaining life by keeping you as alert and comfortable as possible in a familiar environment with family and friends.
- Medical care with a focus on pain and symptom control
- Access to a member of your team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Medical supplies and equipment as needed
- Social support to help you and your family with psychological, emotional, and spiritual issues
- Guidance with the difficult, but normal, issues of life completion and closure